Saturday, December 15, 2012

Trying to understand.

Yesterday I was at the gym when I saw the horrible news of the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary . I literally starting crying on the treadmill. I couldn't even imagine the pain of losing a child, so young just babies. I called my mom and told her the news and kept her updated as the day went on, I was still in shock. I couldn't understand how anyone could go into a school of small children...I then thought of this picture, our lord holding a child in his arms so lovingly and caring. I thought of how broken I feel and how the parents and families must feel he felt it too, and so did our Heavenly Father when he watched his son hang on a cross and die for all of us. I am so grateful that I was born an raised in a religion that has a brighter future for us, one were we will be able to see each other again.
 
 
Even though we lost some beautiful souls yesterday we gained more angels to look out for us. Our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ welcomed those children and teachers by the hand, I know that he told them they were so brave, and so strong. I am so grateful for the love he has for me for the peace and reassurance I have received. I pray for forgiveness for the young man involved and pray that he is at peace. I find it hard though.
 
Matthew 18:6 -But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea

 
But i will continue to pray for him.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment